Everyone knows that French fries, cheeseburgers and pizzas contain high amount of fat, but very few of us know that some vegetables and fish also have high fat content. Although fat content is important for healthy diet, fat grams are as important to consider as calories. Therefore, you should know how much fat a particular meal contains, to be able to maintain balanced diet.
If you’re too conscious about your beauty and health, you should check out Make Me Fabulous Beauty directory for a health experts, beauticians and more. When it comes to health and beauty, there is no better option than mmf beauty for professional beauticians to share their profiles and connect with hundreds of thousands of audience on the internet.
Daily food and fat content
Having quick pizza slices, hamburgers or fries for lunch might help you fill your stomach, but it will also increase the amount of bad fat content in your body that could cause critical diseases.
Following are few daily foods with the amount of bad fat content:
- Average sized fast-food fish sandwich contains 24 grams of fat
- French fries (10 fries) contain 8 grams of fat
- A slice of cheese pizza contains 8 grams of fat
- Potato chips (1 oz.) contains 10 grams of fat
- Fast-food hamburger (average size) has more than 36 grams of fat
- A hot-dog offers 16 grams of fat
- Bologna (2 oz.) contains 16 grams of fat
- A cup of whole milk has 7 grams of fat
- Cooked bacon (3 slices) have 10 grams of fat
- If you take 2-tablespoon peanut butter, you will intake 14 grams of fat
- A teaspoon of margarine or butter yields 4 grams of fat
If you still think you are not taking too much fat content, notice the size of food and multiply it with the actual quantity that you take normally. These facts will help you decide whether you should take a burger with fries for lunch or have some healthy alternatives.
Ready-made foods with high-fat content
If you do not eat fast-food, butter, hot-dog on daily basis, don’t think you should not consider evaluating fat content in your food. Following foods also have high-fat content.
- Packed meal with additional sausages, oil and butter
- Skinned chicken and poultry
- Movie theatre popcorns
- Red meats (beef and lamb cuts) with white marbling
- Salad dressing
Prepackaged snacks, meals and food is perhaps the biggest source of trans fats. It is dangerous for heart and increases cholesterol level as well.
What do expert say about fat?
For a balanced diet and beautiful body,
- A fat source should contribute not more than 30% of the total calories.
- Out of 2000 average daily calories, 667 calories should come from fat which makes up to 65 grams.
According to mmf beauty, you should take 40 to 45 grams of unsaturated fats, 20 to 25 grams of saturated fats and avoidable amount of trans fats.
Sources of good fat
You can always find food with unsaturated fats to control your weight and blood pressure. These are:
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salmon, sardine and mackerel
Try to replace bad fat food sources with the ones bearing good fat. In this way you will not only reduce weight but stay healthy for long.